Merlin Global Services
The ideal candidate would have 3+ years of Accounting experience, preferably in the DoD government contractor industry. This position is a full-time position.
- Administer and track the progress of contracts from award to contract closeout to include contract set-up, billing and reporting
- UNANET Administrator responsible for all project set up matters to include: Proper and accurate charge numbers; Contract terms and funded values; employee set up for accurate charging of time; billing and revenue terms per contract (e.g. CPFF, Cost Reimbursable, T&M & FFP), Period of performance, Line of business, billing rates, resources allocation and labor assignments
- Update and correct employees’ time cards on a weekly basis
- Prepare periodic reporting on project status, labor cost and staffing, revenue, billing, backlog and receivables
- Monitor and prepare reports on cost and schedule variances in order to keep project on schedule and budget
- Review and monitor contract funding and expenditures. Prepare monthly 75% cost incurred status reports
- Conduct bi-weekly meetings with Directors of Programs to discuss project accounting reports. Prepare all contract information for bi-weekly staff meeting quad charts and participate in these staff meetings
- Assist project managers with buildup of Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and work breakdown structures, as appropriate Review pricing proposals for accuracy
- Conduct monthly actual vs forecast project CM variance analysis
- Manage subcontractor invoice process i.e. approve, process for payment and maintain subcontractor financial data & funding status.
- Responsible for timely and accurate invoice processing
- Interact with Contracts, Pricing, Accounting, Project Managers, and Projects Control Managers regarding project related issues.
- Create ad hoc reports for project managers for different projects using, Web reports and UNANET, and Excel.
- Prepare reports of travel expenses in accordance with the FAR and Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) for invoicing to government clients.
- Resolve billing issues with customers and follow up on account receivables that are aged more than 30 days.
- Develop key cross-functional relationships to assist in understanding and communicate those to management
- Participate in preparing annual incurred cost submissions
- Work with auditors from DCAA and /or DCMA as required from time to time
- Generate final and close out invoices
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll audits
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- At least 3 years of government contracts experience or comparable financial and accounting experience
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the accounting field
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in an aggressive deadline oriented environment
- Knowledge of UNANET and QuickBooks experience a plus,
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and with other team members
To apply: http://www.merlinglobal.com/careers